PATIENTS BILL OF RIGHTS
The patient/client has the right to make informed decisions regarding his/her care.
To provide adequate information to permit, when possible or appropriate, the patient’s/client’s direct involvement in the development and revision of the care or service plan.
- Explain in appropriate detail to the patient/client, in terms he/she can understand, information relating to why the prescribed service or treatment pertains to his/her present condition.
- Discuss with the patient/client what responsibilities, if any, he or she may have in the care process.
- Explain to the patient/client the nature and purpose of any technical procedure that may be performed, as well as who will perform that procedure.
- Inform the patient/client of any possible alternatives to the prescribed treatment that are appropriate.
- If appropriate, consider the patient’s/client’s request when developing or revising a Plan of Care/ Treatment/Service.
- Inform the physician of the patient’s/client’s input, if appropriate, concerning possible care/treatment/service options.
The information contained on this site is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Nothing contained on this site is intended to be for medical diagnosis or treatment.
If you think you have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.
Eastside Orthotics & Prosthetics is committed to providing employees and the public, including persons with disabilities, with access to its websites and web-based information and services. In designing the website, Eastside Orthotics & Prosthetics endeavors to make every reasonable effort to comply with the web accessibility standards and guidelines established pursuant to Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and promulgated by the U.S. Access Board. This website has been designed to reach the widest audience possible. If you have difficulty viewing this website or accessing any information presented on this website, please contact us here.